Playbox HD Download: Playbox (aka CinemaBox HD) is an awesome streaming app that allows you to enjoy the latest in hit TV shows and blockbuster films from your Android or iOS device. This quick guide will help you get Play Box up and running, no matter what platform you are using! ~Happy Streaming
- HD Resolution: Stream or Download videos in 360p, 460p or 1080p (HD).
- Huge Selection: Stream to your hearts content with their huge library of videos.
- Search & Sort: Enjoy Playbox’s smart semantic search.
- 100% Free: Play box Is completely ad supported! There are no hidden charges or monthly fees.
- Awesome GUI: Simple & easy to navigate. Find exactly what you are looking for in seconds.
- Chromecast & Apple TV Compatible: Watch your favorite shows on the big screen!
- Constant Updates: Catch the biggest blockbuster releases and the latest episodes of your favorite TV shows before they are available anywhere else.
Download & Install The Playbox HD Apk
Since we are going to be installing the app via an .apk file (android application package), You will need to first enable unknown sources on your Android device. For what it’s worth, this step is required for installing ANY app outside of the Google Play store.
1.) Navigate to: Settings -> Security & enable “Unknown sources“.
2.) Download the latest PlayBox .apk file.
3.) Locate the .apk file you downloaded in step #2, open it, and then click on Open -> Install.
4.) When the install is complete, You can access Playbox on your home screen or under “All Applications”.
CinemaBox HD | Frequently Asked Questions
How do I download Movies?
Once you start streaming a movie, You’ll be given the option to download it by tapping on the “download icon” in the upper right-hand corner of the screen during playback.
Does it work with Chromecast?
Playbox does work with Chromecast. Here is how to get it running…
- Play a video and tap on the Chrome cast icon.
- Select your local Chromecast device & select “Cast Movies Now“. That’s it!
Will it work with my iPhone or iPad?
Absolutely. Here is the quickest & easiest method I’ve found to get the app working on iOS devices.
- Go to www.Vshare.com on your iPhone/iPad.
- Install the Vshare app.
- Browse to: Settings -> General -> Profile & trust the Vshare app developer.
- Now, open Vshare and search for “Playbox HD” or “Cinebox HD“. (Same app – new name)
- When you tap on the app icon, It will begin downloading the app in Vshare.
- Finally, Click on the “Downloads tab” in Vshare and tap on the Playbox app icon to install the app to your iPhone.
This method no longer works to install Vshare. Make sure to checkout my post on Showbox, where I detail 3 different new alternatives![/box]
Will Playbox work on my Mac/PC?
Yes! While you can’t install the android .apk file directly to your PC, there are several pieces of software out there that allow you to create a virtual Android operating system. I’ve chosen to use AndyOS for its incredibly streamlined install process and because it supports Playbox for Windows & Mac.
- Download & install the latest version of AndyOS
- When the install is complete, It will automatically boot into your virtualized Android OS.
- Now go ahead and download the latest version of the Playbox download. (If you haven’t already)
- With Andy OS running, double click the .apk file to begin installing the Play Box app.
- That’s it! You should now be able to access the Play Box movie app from your virtual Android device.
Something not working the way it should? Chances are that myself or someone else who frequents this blog has encountered the same problem at some point. I encourage you to leave a comment at the end of this article and to help others with their own issues. That being said, most issues can be resolved by simply updating to the latest version of the Playbox app, rebooting your device or re-installing the app. For you PC & Mac users, I also highly recommend updating to the latest version of your Android emulation software or trying a few alternatives (Checkout Bluestacks & Genymotion). Finally, There is a great list of troubleshooting tips on my Showbox posts for you to try.
Still No Luck?
PlayBox is a great app! But just like the other popular streaming apps it can’t quite claim 100% up-time. Sometimes a server goes down or you are forced to wait for the developers to resolve a new bug or error. While the devs are always very quick to respond to outages, it isn’t unheard of to experience errors or crashes for a few days before a new patch or update gets released. Here is a list of some other great Streaming apps & services to make sure you can get your media fix, no matter what. I hope you found this guide useful & were able to get your Playbox Hd download working!
~Happy Streaming Everyone
Everytime I try to play a movie it immediately boots me back to home screen of the app. Therefore I cannot watch anything.