- 1 Installing The Cartoon HD App for Android
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions
The Cartoon HD app is back baby!
CartoonHD was the original free movie & tv streaming app that inspired all of todays most popular streaming apps, like Showbox, Playbox and Movie HD. After the developers website went down and the app stopped working a few years ago, we all thought that was the end of the road for our beloved streaming app. I just recently discovered that the streaming app that started it all, is back online and working better than ever. The following guide will help you get it installed and running on nearly any device!
Happy Streaming Everyone!
Installing The Cartoon HD App for Android
1.) Download the latest Cartoon HD apk.
2.) Enable “Unknown Sources” in your Android security settings.
Browse to: Settings -> Security & check the box next to “Unknown sources”.
3.) Open the .apk file you downloaded in step #2 and click on Install.
4.) After the install completes, you should see the CartoonHD icon on your home screen!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I set this up on my PC / Mac?
There is no native installer for these apps on either the Mac or Windows PC, but there is a pretty clever work around that will let you enjoy all of your favorite apps (not just Cartoon HD!) on your desktop computer. First, we will install an Android operating system emulator and then install the app in the virtual Android OS environment. While there are a number of different emulators out there for both Windows and Macs, I’ve chosen the Andy OS software for its ease of use and it’s compatibility with both systems.
- Grab the latest version of the Andy OS software.
- Andy OS will automatically boot you into your virtualized Android operating system when the install completes.
- If you haven’t already, download the v3.00 of the Cartoon HD apk for pc HERE.
- Right-click on the .apk file and open with Andy OS to begin installing the app.
- Done! You should now be able to find the app in your virtual Android environment.
Is Cartoon HD available for iPhones & iPads?
Typically you would follow the same procedure I use to install Showbox for iPhone to install apps like this to your iOS device.
Unfortunately the Cartoon HD app is not available in the Vshare market place app currently.
Can I Install it on my Kindle Fire?
Yes! In fact, the install process is almost identical to the Android install process…
- Download the latest Cartoon HD apk for kindle file.
- Browse to Settings -> Devices & check the box to allow “apps from unknown sources”
- When the download is complete, Open the .apk file and click on Install.
Can I Install it on my Blackberry?
Yep! The blackberry also makes use of .apk files, so the install process is almost identical to the Kindle & Android methods mentioned above.
- Navigate to: Settings -> App Manager -> Install Apps & turn on the option to “Allow apps from other sources to be installed”.
- Grab the newest Cartoon.
- Find the .apk file you downloaded in step #2, Open it and click on Install.
How do I download movies?
- Browse to a movie that you would like to download.
- Click on the “Videos” tab, play the movie & then select the Download option.
How do I stream movies with Chromecast?
- Download either Allcast or Localcast from the Google Play store.
- Open your Cartoon HD app and Navigate to a movie/tv show that you would like to cast.
- Click on the “Videos” tab & select “Custom”.
- Then select either Allcast or Localcast to begin streaming!
I’m getting an error or the Cartoon HD app is crashing….
Just like most apps, many error codes and crashing issues can be addressed by updating to the latest and greatest version of the app. If you’ve already tried updating the app and it hasn’t resolved your issue, consider rebooting your device or un-installing and re-installing the app from scratch. In my experience, either one of the above steps will resolve your issue or the app is down for everybody until the developers can resolve whatever server or device compatibility issues that are present.
Fortunately, there are a ton of other great free Streaming apps out there!
I hope you found this guide helpful for setting up the Cartoon HD app.
Please let me know if you have any questions or run into any odd issues when following this guide, and I’ll do my best to help you sort them out in the comment section below.