I know, I know – I haven’t posted much lately… That is because I’ve been hard at work making EDT more awesome! I’ve spent the better part of the last week digging into PHP coding to create a Word to PDF document converter. I’m releasing it in Alpha right now so I can hopefully get some feedback and continue to improve the design and add other document converters to EDT in the future. I want to make EDT your one stop tech resource for guides, tools & cool projects. Let me know how I’m doing so far, by dropping me a line in the comment section below 🙂
~Cheers[box type=”info”] The EDT converter tool has since been scrapped, the below form no longer will work. Unfortunately the resources required to run the converter on my current host plan is far too much. I highly recommend the following site for all your document conversion needs!
A quick look at EDT’s new Word-To-PDF document convert tool:
1.) Choose a .Doc or .Docx file to upload.
2.) Once you upload the file – The server will begin to process your request.
3.) Please be patient while it converts your document, This process will vary depending on the size of your document!
4.) After several seconds- Your converted PDF document will automatically be downloaded.
***Here is the direct link for the document conversion tool page.
Are My Files Secure?
- All uploaded documents will be purged every night @ midnight.
- Each converted document will be saved in a random & unique folder name.
- Finally – To be quite honest, I have better things to do than sift through your word/pdf documents!
What About Other Document Types?
This is the first of many document conversion tools that will be made available on EveryDayTech FREE of charge.
While I plan to keep expanding this service if it becomes popular – Priorities will be based on your requests! So let me know what you would like to see by shooting me an E-mail!
Suggested Ideas for Next Version So far:
- Preview converted document before downloading it… ( in progress )
- Improve the look of the upload form ( in progress )
- Add support for additional document types ( pending )
- ?? ( Feel free to suggest something in the comments! )