Exciting times here at EDT! I recently upgraded the look & feel of this humble tech blog by implementing Elegant Themes latest theme – Divi. And while I’m thoroughly pleased with the end result – the site migration and optimization has detracted me from posting anything the last couple of weeks, but I promise things will be going back to normal in short order. Aside from the fancy new Design – some of you may notice faster loading times and brand new content via the re-vamped Recommendations section. I’ve been hard at work to make EveryDay-Tech more awesome as of late, I sincerely hope you Enjoy the brand new look of EveryDay-Tech 2.0.
- Customized implementation of ET’s Divi theme.
- Optimized featured post images to accommodate the new divi image layout.
- Spent a few days working on improving EDT’s loading times
- Added a proper subscription form – complete with incentive!
- Created the all new Recommendations section
- Re-designed ad layout & added content.ad
- Cleaned up WordPress DB, old plugins and removed old & dated content
- Reformatted many a EDT post to eliminate slow expand/collapse plugins
- Added new ways to share some of your favorite EDT posts
- EveryDay-Tech is now Mobile Friendly!
- A proper Facebook Page has finally been created
Completely neglected creating any new posts….
For anyone that is interested – Here is a highlight of some of the major changes…
While most of the difficult work has been done – I still have a lot of minor details that need attending to. If you have any ideas, suggestions or even criticism – I would truly appreciate hearing your thoughts. Leave me a comment below or feel free to contact me directly.